Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3805468)   #2237
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Its the same at the other end of the scale. elans and LC's use 4.4 and 4.7, genuine Ford 4.4's are commanding strong money, someone suggested £450 + vat for a minter a few years ago! I've never seen s a genuine Ford 4.7, mines a repro.
Rally guys are always looking for the low ratios, so they are much in demand! There was a time when you could pick up a NOS crown wheel and pinion set, and when I was restoring my RS16 road car I found a guy selling a huge range of ratios bought from Ford years ago, no doubt when they were clearing stock!

The repro CWPs now seem to be much better quality than few years ago. I’ve had Ford and MG sets that have performed well. Maybe something to do with where they are made? Clue is the gear mesh quality when built up. If it looks poor, the unit will be......