View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3752043)   #67
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
that is plausible in my view and thankyou for sharing your perspective on it. personally I think street events work well on the fact that there in the heart of the city instead of being a fair distance away which is tourism wise is beneficial especially for local businesses such as cafes and accomodation facilities in the vicinity and as well promoting the respective area on a national scale in a street circuit setting is more effective.
So what happens when street events dont provide benefits for local businesses? Or hypothetically do not garner the economic returns that have been 'sold' to governments to get the funding in the first place? Do you still feel street events work then? For example Canberra or Hamilton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
If you don't like government money being used on sport, complain to your local state or federal member, but make sure you itemise all the monies spent on any other sporting or cultural event too, just in case people might think you are biased against motorsport...
No issue on money being spent on sport - especially those that provide sustainable impacts for the community such a permanent infrastructure.

What makes you think I am biased against 'motorsport'?

The issue in discussion here is when events are sold on certain KPI's (such as crowds, EOI etc) are these aren't met or are dwindling - such as the most recent event at Homebush.

Your response of 'why does it matter' shows a complete lack of understanding for the way the business works. Added to this, previous posts where you claimed that the Homebush event should retained because 'its a good day out for the corporates' suggests a little bias of your own.