View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1630587)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
I've got some oil leaks you can borrow!
Sorry Dennis had me quota of those on the yellow car this year, dry as a bone now though thank God! Ruddy dodgy rocker gasket (so called competition, yeah right) put some standard rubberised Felpros on from a local Yank shop in Watford and perfect!

Hey I have another theory here. It seems these days no one but no one (at least the younger fraternity) works on their road cars any more, they are either to complex or the cannot be bothered to learn the skills. So then it is down to paying to have the job done and the budget is not there. At least with me I and my sorry tale I can repair it and will do all the paintwork and grahics once my panel beater mate has knocked the worse out but I wonder how many younger guys actually have the skills. Same goes for mechanicals, I do all my own work there for better or worse and if it is your neck on the line you strive to get it right. I also want my cars to look as sharp as I can get them as they represent my company as that is the only way I can justify the silly expense of this lark.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 9 Jun 2006 at 12:17.