View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1630715)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Dennis your dad who helps you is probably around my age (58 next month) but when we were young kids in the 50's living on a council estate we used to build Trollys (like soap karts I think the yanks called them) from old prame wheels and scaffold board, we built bikes from old bits of scrap we found, I even bulit a tandem and one based on a moped frame with suspension. Then when we moved on to motorbikes at around 15 we pulled them apart and put them back together same with cars as soon as we wer 17. In fact I had been working as a mechanic for about two years then. Today its Playstations and internet and cyber stuff and nothing is real hands on practical stuff. I am generalising here and I know there are many exceptions to the rule but just a theory, good luck over the weekend at Lydden as well, give you a good chance to check out some alternative scenes.