View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3028359)   #18
NCharman
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol
NCharman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Best in my opinion, (haven't tried iRacing) are Netkar pro and LFS. LFS has very good 'feel' and the force feedback is very communicative, Netkar pro has realistic cars and some real circuits - I'm using Netkar pro on Oulton Park currently, preparing for the new season. I found RFactor to be completely unrealistic - you have to drive it like a game, not like a car.

Another which I have found to be great training is Grand Prix Legends. becasue the cars are fast, powerful and lacking grip, you have to brake for along way before each corner, feeeeeeel your way into the corner, eeeeeeease it through and gradually power it out. You have time to really feel the turn-in understeer, neutral, power-on understeer turning to oversteer on the way out. Great for practising in the wet.Unlike a wham-bam modern formula car which is brake-in-out so fast you need lots of experience of that car to feel the phases. I'm sure rally sims would also help develop feel. I've even used one thing I learned in GPL, in real life - when a slide gets too bad in GPL, stop steering into it and straighten the steering, (even turn hard into the bend), to cause the front to slide as well, which allows the whole car to slide sideways without rotating much further - and I've done that in the wet in real life and it can work.