View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3796492)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My interest in motor racing wasn't rekindled until about 1984, so Byrne didn't figure on my radar as such. When I watched the documentary, I was intrigued by the character. He was clearly very very good and had the talent to get to the top, but although I felt sympathy for a man who ought to have made it, I also felt almost angry at the very obvious chip on his shoulder about the likes of Ayrton and the monied Brazilians and the decisions that Tommy made. It certainly seemed as though he missed out really badly on sensible advice and guidance and that he couldn't recognise that his 'booze and birds' lifestyle was actually doing his career considerable harm. I ended up thinking, 'What a waste'.....