Old 17 Sep 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3137456)   #278
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
I guess TTA doesn't come out as the winner of the touring car war, right? Maybe the Swedes don't prefer DTM-style touring car racing after all?

The only thing the STCC needs is a proper grid, which comes close to 20 cars. Then, the TTA can start formulating their declaration of surrender.
Hopefully STCC and TTA will come to some sort of agreement but there's so much money and time sunk into TTA by this time I don't think they'll back down.

I like the Solution-F cars and I think they could be good, expecially if they opened up for multiple engine manufacurers. But I do agree with Jimmy that they have to stop sticking their head in the sand and start listening to outside peoples opinions. The fact that they seem to have gotten worse over the course of the season is obviously not good so I hope they have a long sitdown after the season and discuss everything through.

I watched the Youtube-video from Tierp and from the looks of it they had massive safety issues that could have easily been solved, I mean what were they thinking putting lose tire stacks right in the chicane? What is this the 70s? Track wise I'd agree that potential is the key word, right now it's okay but nothing special although I think it could be a nice circuit with some work.

Basically, for next year, I'm hoping for well thought through solutions to the problems that the series has, from an outside perspective it seems way to many rash decisions are beeing made.