View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3143463)   #291
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
I dont consider ETCC as an option for any team currently in STCC, Chevy Team Sweden I could se going to WTCC, seeing as they've done races there in the past, all be it as a 4th factory team. All comes down if tehy can get sposors to cover a WTCC campaign, which I dont really do.

Will be an interesting silly season for sure.
What they need is a Taniguchi/O'Young-style driver to pay for a single car and the running of the team around it - then they could probably find enough to add a 2nd car. Rydell wants to get back into international racing anyway. That's at least what I would try for if I were NIKA, especially if I lost my factory backing. Resource and risk management.

I don't see Honda caring much for a WTCC effort, but Engström has always had a knack for finding sponsors. I wonder if it's possible to put a JAS 1600 engine in his S2000 Civic. Would be a shame to see the Honda effort end early for him. He's done the Camaro comeback already and it would seem a bit of a waste not to do anything more.