View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3470159)   #33
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I forget exactly what year it was I looked up for TCM times at Bathurst, 2 or 3 years ago I think, but this year's pole was a good 2.5 sec faster. Now either JB is getting faster or the car is. Coincidentally that was the same margin back to Miedecke in 2nd place. You wonder why they are putting the effort into improving the car, chasing hp etc only to end up with lead trophies.
Don't forget that the track was re-surfaced for this year - appears that everything has been running quicker.

Your last point is about the nature of competition, motor sport and the constant desire to improve - regardless of whether it's for a trophy, to go from 20th to 10th place or a big bag of cash, it is why many are in the sport at all.