View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3727724)   #100
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
According to Facebook (which is always an accurate source of information ), the Heathcote C4 wasn't capable of running the final. If that was the case then I retract my statement about allowing Mark Watson out.
Steve, Nathan's C4 was one of several (LDM) Supercars to catch fire during the day so I would have been surprised to see it moving under its own power let alone racing again on Monday. Great shame!

As is often the way here, there's been a lot of negative comments about Monday's meeting. Here's a positive - although there were long delays between one heat finishing and the next starting early in the day, they'd got themselves better organised as the day went on. As cars were slowing down to head to the paddock, the next grid was forming up for the next race, which is how it should be. Especially important when there are so many races in the day - has a huge, cumulative affect on the timetable during the day.

Some great racing on Monday and I do hope Mad Mark gets the Xsara working reliably one day. It's a long journey for him to find the clutch is slipping badly.

Some of the Retro cars are awaiting parts, which in some cases ae becoming hard to find given the cars' ages, hence no 6R4s or James Harrold's Beetle, for instance. More cars are on the way, but amateur racers with small budgets who do it for fun find that the build process takes longer than is ideal. More cars are on the way!

Cheers, Steve