View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3294973)   #3
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Complex to arrange for the Independents? What? I think they'd be the most in favour. A 2 driver event means double the personal sponsors (which are what run most efforts) for far less than double the cost.
Perhaps I should have said complex to find drivers of sufficient talent. I'm sure that there is a plentiful supply to drivers happy to pay their way into the second seat but finding someone with the talent to compete directly against veteran competitors with minimal practice time would probably require getting out the chequebook. Particularly if the race counted double-points, teams like WSR and Pirtek Honda could not afford to lose ground against the factory drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Based on about 10mpg, that would limit the range of races to 180 miles, which would be long enough for a reasonable length endurance race. It could be the MPG achieved is way worse though, I don't know.
That would give a range of some 60 laps of the Snetterton 300 circuit - or five times the distance they travel on each race at the circuit at the moment.

The expression 'Last Man Standing' comes to mind.