View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2819855)   #65
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lotus 7

I don't want to distract from the Clan discussion, but my reading of Appendix K is that it now runs well beyond cars that were homologated and/or used in international competition in period. There are a number of references to non-homologated cars in section 2, and in section 2.3.11 we read about National Competition road-going Sports/Grand Touring Cars, which are

2.3.11.1 Models of production road-going Sports / Grand Touring cars from periods E to J which have no competition history at international level but which have established a significant competition history at national level in major events for production sport and/or grand touring cars and which comply with the national regulations relevant to those events.

There may well be a reason why that doesn't cover the Lotus 7, but, to my untrained eye, it doesn't look as if it's its exclusion from period international racing. It looks as if inclusion in period national racing is sufficient? What you then do with your National Competition road-going Sports/Grand Touring car is a different question! Many thanks, Robert