View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2400379)   #156
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORP
Yes interesting, the Woodman spare car was described as being 'rigged for GpA'. But it was entered in the 82 TT with the 3.0 V6 rather than the 2.8 V6 of the Spice/Rouse car.

The Barry Barnes car I seem to recall was ex Jeff Allam (CC3), it was raced by Barry Barnes in Modsaloons circa 83/84 and after passing through a couple of owners it ended up with Dave Streather who raced it succesfully, also in Modsaloons.
indeed ORP, Maybe the Woodman car had the minimum of Grp A upgrades allowed to pass scrutineering for the TT as opposed to a full house Group A 3.0 engine?

Your info about that Barnes car adds a further piece of the jigsaw to its history after it's heyday in Allam's hands so to speak. I'll pm Ade Vickers and he'll be delighted to learn this as he was really keen to find out more about his car 'CC3'.