View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2017, 05:56 (Ref:3741082)   #95
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I wouldn't doubt that it's clickbait/self-promotion for SC365 (and before you dump on just him, Racer Magazine has been known to print sensational headlines for otherwise fairly mundane stories), though he's better connected than most of us on this board, and after seeing various programs go away, never materialize, or fail to deliver, nothing would surprise me.

Not to mention that Hindy has been talking of Porsche leaving again recently (a rumor that won't go away since Audi left), and Auto Motor und Sport's Motorsport Akutell print mag has hinted of that possibility.

Only thing I can say, if it's bad news, is what it's not, which is LMP2 stuff so far hasn't materialized, nor has anything outlandish (at least yet) in terms of GT BOP.

That IMO leaves us with something to do with LMP1 (possibly privateer related), or the 2018 schedule. Or, for all I know, GTE Am might be phased out/merged with GTE Pro, since GTE Am numbers have dropped big time this season, while LMP2 and GTE Pro numbers have gone up.