View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2017, 00:57 (Ref:3748047)   #221
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Well what do we make of F1 since Bernie went? Does anyone else notice a ramping up of the "entertainment" side? Safety cars instead of VSC to pick up the small pieces of debris. Allowing cars to continue despite shedding said debris - an obvious black/orange flag on "normal" racing. And now paltry penalties for dangerous driving, because it gets F1 headline news around the world.

Just how bad was Bernie again? At least he was a racing purist, he didn't worry about ratings as long as someone was settling his huge bills.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
wut, lol?Bernie Eccelstone a racing purist? What was that mental medal idea he had again a few years ago?

I don't think the paltry penalty was a decree that was issued from Chase.

The words out of Liberty are good, particularly the attention to cultivating the European venues and the respect for its history. Eccelstone was the exact inverse of that.

But the proof is in the pudding. If there's a ramping up of gimmicks, then that's not good from the pov of what I want from the sport.