View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3721852)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I knew that someone would bring this one up eventually.
It reminds me of a 'discussion' I had with an arrogant (unusual - they're usually such lovely people) Marshal in the bar at Silverstone one evening in the late 1980's. He was insistent that we should buy his beers "...because without us marshals you wouldn't be able to race your cars!". We pointed out to him that without teams like us who built the cars, and our drivers, he wouldn't have any racing to marshal!
Understood, but in the context of Formula One, I think the difference is that one group of people, the Teams and Engine Builders etc. are there for business reasons, the Marshals are all volunteers. They don't have to turn up.