View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2004, 08:42 (Ref:1125013)   #10
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Grandstand is not my cup of tea, but have been spoiled by being on the inside/grid/etc.

However, having said that, I still do the walk from Ford Chicane back to the start of the Porsche Curves and the in-field through Dunlop out to T-R.

Then hop in car if you have a pass or preferably a mountain bike and cycle out to Indi (sanitised spectating a bit now) and Arnage - you can also get to the point of terminal velocity in the housing estate for the straight from the Mulsanne corner leading up to Indianapolis.

Les Hunaudieres is good for a cheeky beer and a quick squint of cars, but the food is **** and pricey.

I've never been that big a fan of the straights, though if you can break through the woods to the Mulsanne, you will cac your pants), but R8's flat around the PC's is something to behold and '05 could be your last opportunity (if they come out to play) to witness this before the ugly-aero stuff kicks in.

It is an event like no other and part of the "must do" is to arrive in either something exotic or convertible if you can.