Thread: 1 off F2 cars
View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2005, 05:33 (Ref:1490393)   #20
jleonard
Rookie

jleonard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see this thread is over a year old but I thought I would add a few notes on Argo atlantic cars. The Rick Gorne car was a converted F3 called a JM1X. The Mike Nugent car was a 1980 JM8 and is in the Seattle, WA. U.S.A. area.It is rumored to have been in a shop fire with partial damage.We imported JM9-056-FA to the U.S. in about 1982. The car was sold and went to B.C. Canada was raced then the suspension was used for an autox special and the gearbox,adapter and tubs (yes 2, one was a used F3) went to Tennesee U.S.A. I was told there was also a JM9 in Australia. We also owned JM11-065-FA which was rebuilt as a sports racer using JM21 bodywork after an extensive accident.The last I heard that car is in Florida.The gem though is our JM5-036-FA which we purchased from Dave Rackham in 1980. I won the first SCCA national it was entered in which we think was the first for an ARGO atlantic.In recent years we have run the car in some vintage events and also against current Swifts and Ralts in SCCA nationals when the Reynard hasn't been ready.Like the comment about the RT1 the 5 is a great car to drive.I think there is also in the Seattle area another JM11 built as a super V converted to atlantic before it left the factory,a JM4 type SV and a ff2000. I just got to thinking that the JM5 could be the only operational true ARGO atlantic car in North America, maybe the world?