View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2962771)   #18
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The bigger issue is something that happened to Nascar and that is market saturation. V8SC races everywhere in Australia and NZ that could afford them and there isn't much room for growth. In the case of NZ, with the resource consent laws, getting things done is not easy.

There really isn't many options for NZ. Wellington I don't see happening. Hampton Downs has potential but they are a way from being able to accommodate the V8SC circus. Taupo, maybe, but I don't think the money is there for it. South Island, I always thought Christchurch was worth it, but after the earthquake I don't see that happening. Ruapuna is a nice track for what it is, but the club wouldn't or doesn't have the money to make that happen. So you have Auckland for street circuit potential.

Not a lot of good or realistic options. Hopefully something works out.

Hamilton I think they made a good go of it with what they had, but the circuit was pretty tight for V8SC.

It would seem strange for V8SC to abandon Hamilton for Pukehoke also.