View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2011, 00:45 (Ref:2962779)   #19
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the bit to look at is:

Quote:
In that evaluation, ongoing challenges – including Hamilton’s distance from a major corporate centre, modest hotel infrastructure and the downturn of ticket sales in the Waikato region – have also been taken into account.
Really there's only two area's in New Zealand that would come under those, Auckland and Wellington.

Obviously Christchurch is in no state at the moment to be bidding for a V8 race or anything similar, even if the accommodation industry is likely to be back up and running before any event in what I would guess will be November 2013.

Wellington.... obviously it might be a bit of a challenge to get it past the greenie-mayor but hasn't it tried to sell itself as the 'events capital' of NZ for a while? it certainly has the hotel infrastructure, corporate background and a fairly strong economy to support a V8's event. Not too sure where you'd have a street race though? down by the waterfront would be nice, but way too disruptive for the city I would imagine.... Maybe Lower Hutt? then it's probably too far away fro the city & it's facilities.

And then we get back to Auckland, which has plenty of space, facilities and corporate support....