View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2514422)   #7
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a difficult day Saturday was weather wise however Jason, I and my co-driver Graham had a great day all in all. Jason in particular deserves credit - he only got 4 laps in during practice for Swinging Sixties due to a misfire in the Grittith. He solved that with the help of Geoff Parkinson and Neil and started on the grid in 36th place. After a steady start, great consistent laps in very slippery conditions, a good pit stop and out again plugging in those laps he came an incredible 14th overall and 3rd in class beaten in class only by the 1st and 2nd overall cars. He made up 22 positions in conditions that really don't favour a 350 bhp RWD car and was perhaps one of the few cars that didn't have a spin in the race!

It was a great race to watch with the leaders very close until Luke in the Corvette spun. However that doesn't take away the victory from the Falcon boys for their first overall victory - truly deserved.

Graham and I started a lowly 35th in Future Classics in the Beta but after a steady start Graham rocked by quite a few cars and put in some cracking laps. A super fast pit stop (timed at 24 secs) and off I went to try and catch a few more cars. The rain got heavier with rivers down the back straight but we came home safely and with no real dramas and were over the moon to see we'd got up to 19th place and 2nd in class - a few more laps and who knows if I'd have been able to catch the class leader.

So a successful day for us and to top it all it stopped raining allowing a decent drive home in the Beta.

I have to commend all the Swinging Sixties, Future Classics and Magnificant 7s drivers - there were a fair amount of spins but the driving was safe, clean and very sensible with no safety cars in two 40 minute races - amazing given the conditions. I'm sure the same can be said of the Tin Tops race however I didn't get to watch that.

Also, a massive thanks to all the marshalls and officials - I did feel for you as I tried to wave to you all on the warm down lap. Lastly thanks to the CSCC for putting on a cracking meeting which had full grids and lots of fun. Can't wait for the Nurburgring now in the Beta!