View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3680885)   #29
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
They used to do results, I know this because I used to have to type them in, sporting scene was an arduous task of compiling an entire page of stock car, autograss, trials etc, took hours! And woe betide if you got a surname wrong, phone call that week for sure!
What was a waste of time were letters pages, tv guides, previews. All took two pages and no one bloody read them! In fact I wrote quite a few letters myself! lol

It isn't very editorial, hard to read and looks crap, but it is fairly important.
Yep, looks like it was hard work, nowadays MST, etc could just upload all their pdf results to a central club motorsport database at Autosport/MNews or whatever where they could be accessed from say Monday morning. All this info is out there already, but scattered around various timing and club websites, but easy to centralise, you would think.