View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1831934)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well Peddler, whilst I can accept that $104 sounds rather steep, one has to question both your tone of this post, and also who you are directing this at.
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's not A1GP who set the ticket prices. It'll be the circuit, so criticising A1GP as having a "short life-span" is not productive.

In addition, it's only your opinion that the support races for this weekend are "crap". You believe that you wouldn't enjoy the races, and have therefore made the decision to stay at home. That is your prerogative.
There's probably a decent number of people who think they will enjoy the support races, combined with the atmosphere of being at the circuit (I'm sure no one can debate the point that there is that something 'extra' being trackside).
As I'm sure you're aware, economics is all about supply and demand. Eastern Creek obviously think that there is enough demand for people to pay that amount without affected the crowd size. Factually, it's only about £5 more expensive that on-the-gate prices at Brands Hatch (£35), and I think everyone expecting that to generate a very healthy crowd size. If Eastern Creek have thought this out wrong and it is too much, we will see on the day!