View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3705214)   #235
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
tpeople seem to be overestimating the sustainability of the single seater scene. there's not enough drivers with enough money to be able to support these series, and there's clashes of interest between fom, fia and the germans and renault that mean that it's unlikely to change. fom didn't lump together anything - they own gp2, and created gp3 because they saw an opportunity to make more money regardless of whether an alternative already existed or not.
Actually I don't think anyone is overestimating it. I think what I and others are saying is that it is part of a whole. Without the support of the other classes the top classes wither and die. Formula 1 was successful because you saw it in the context of the sport as a whole. Now it is seen as the whole of the sport. Emperor's new clothes if you will.

We see Liberty saying what they want to to improve F1. What we don't see is what they want to do to improve the sport. That, I feel is the crux of the matter. The one clearly can't exist without the others. It is losing money, it is over priced and it is definitely not very good anymore.