View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2018, 04:50 (Ref:3797920)   #7
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Bit torn here. I can understand some peoples feelings (I like to think of myself as a feminist and supporter of equal rights, even more so since some of my best friends are women) about how they seem to exploit attractiveness and somewhat sexism for profit. But on the other hand as someone who has done photography and known models who have done gird girl and promo girl stuff, the women have enjoyed it, brought positive exposure to themselves (ie: got work out of it in an industry that can be very hard to find work) and on a personal level developed friendships with some women. (and even dated one for a short period) I never really heard much negative comments and feelings. (most is the odd drunkard yelling "Show us your......" but were dealt with by security and police straight away)
With respect, you seem torn based on a stereotype pushed by certain sections of the community/media, when your own experience tells you differently.

Digressing but, I remember watching an infamous TV interview with Chris Gayle with the BBL journo (a professional), with one of my girls - come on girl, close him down was the comment in my lounge room, it was the inability of the journo that drew criticism at my place.