View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3799762)   #36
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I cannot 100% confirm, but the current situation relies on a call from Race Control to allow the lights to function. When approach speeds are north of 200km/h, with almost no room to take evasive action, you tell me if this is good enough. It is also alleged that the lights are not very effective due to their design and postion, and are difficult to sight by the drivers.
For your first point, that is incorrect. There are about 4 or r5 flagppoints on the way up the hill, and a similar number on the way down (two seperate systems) that can all trigger the yellow lights without any interaction required from RC.

The lights are very similar to traffic lights, and are put in positions that the drivers eyeline will see them...dunno if they're effective though.

I saw a very interesting system being tested at Bathurst on the weekend, will see how long it takes before it is introduced