Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1657056)   #16
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm Chris and am 16, 17 at the end of August. My interest in motorsport is predominantly F1, simply because up to a few years ago it is the only motorsport I watched and have been obsessed with it ever since I started watching in 1998. No matter how dull the races are, I remain as fascinated as I was when I was 8. In the last few years though I have started following Moto GP, British Superbikes, GP2, A1GP and BTCC and have got to the current situation where I am obsessed with motorsport. Something which my family certainly does not share

My interests in this area lie with DVDs/videos and books. I have loads of motorsport books, mainly season reviews, biographies, autobiographies and so on, and even more videos and DVDs. A description of my ever-growing collection is on the 'videos and DVDs' thread. If my finances allowed me to buy every single F1 video available on eBay (obviously not the same one each time) then I would do that. Same with BTCC. I am also developing a habit of recording every motorsport event I watch on TV. I have got through too many VHS tapes this season to recall.

My one regret so far is that I have never been to a Grand Prix, which bugs me so much. I know no-one with an interest in motorsport so getting down to Silverstone is a problem. I hope to persuade my dad to take me next year though. Trying to get him into F1 though sure is hard work!

Magazines...well, the motorsport-related ones are F1 Racing and Autosport, although I only buy Autosport when the main story interests me and I can't get away with reading all the story in the shop ;-) I have a habit of collecting all the magazines I buy, so in 20 or so years time I will have a collection worth bragging about.

My other interest is footy. But that's not motorsport-related so I will save it for other people.