Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1743244)   #29
DevilGirl
Rookie

Australia
London
DevilGirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I'm Wendy and I'm 24. I'm from Melbourne, Aust. but am living in old blighty for the next year or so...have been here with my fiance since March.

Like a lot of others here, motorsport was in-born. Dad has only missed 2 Bathursts (and that was because he was out of the country) in its existence, so that race comprises the vast majority of my early motorsport memories. He is (was) a huge Brocky fan, and my mum thought he was one of the best looking bloke going around, so she is partly to blame too! My earliest racing memory was at Sandown when I was very very young, plonked on the bench seats and told to watch! After a while me & my older brother got bored so we collected all the beer cans around and made some money for the day

Despite the Holden influence from the olds, I have blue blood, much to dad's bitter disappointment. And you can blame Marcos Ambrose for that . Since Marcos came onto the scene, I have followed V8's much more closely, and even been to 2 Bathursts (wasn't allowed to prior to that - it was a boys only trip in our family).

My main love is V8s, but have now started following the Trucks in the US, only on the net though, can't get footage anywhere. Will be getting Foxtel when we get home next year to watch the Busch series though!! Luckily for my fiance, he is also a Ford supporter (he didn't have a choice actually ) so we watch the races together on telly, and I'm even letting him come to Bathurst next year with me

Other than that, I spend far to much on here, getting my fix, especially of late with Brocky's passing and Bathurst, it has all made me terribly homesick.

I (sort of) collect model cars. I have the 1:18 models of the 2003, 2004 & 2005 Pirtek cars. and I have just placed an order for the 2006 Jeld-Wen car, and the #1 Caltex machine. They are being delivered to mum & dad, so I won't see them for another year or so .
I'm also into photography, I have photos of Rusty's championship burnout's from Phillip Island last year that are better than the ones in the mags!! Needless to say, they were blown up, put in a box frame with a 1:43 scale Caltex car and given to the other half for Christmas!

So thats about it for me... can't wait to get back to Oz and get some live V8 action and buy my very own XR8! Oh yeah, and see my family