View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3690039)   #121
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Here in Uruguay, ESPN airs IndyCar and MotoGP, and Fox Sports 3 (former Speed Channel) airs F1 (partial schedule, the rest is on an F1 premium channel), WRC, WRX, WTCC, WEC, Nascar, IMSA, WSBK and DTM. Of course, some of those clash, so you get to see just one of them live.

I can't complain about that - except that I don have ESPN3, so I can't watch most IndyCar races, but that's my provider's fault. Every TV provider has Fox and ESPN. They have on-demand service, but I can log to ESPn Play, and Fox Sports Play is very limited.

In some countries, not all TV providers have all channels. France, Italy and Australia are examples. Plus there are too many countries with local issues.

That's why big networks like ESPN, Fox and Eurosport make it easier to get major sports around the world. And that's why over-the-top services like Netflix are easier to get.

But there's nichés that are often ignored, like non-F1 motorsports. I think that Motorsport Network could fill that niché.