View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3027619)   #1
AndreasL
Rookie

Sweden
AndreasL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to me RP24. (Looking for -77/-78 FF1600 info)

Hi all,

Short story is; a friend of mine purschased a ready to run Royale RP21 and a RP24 in boxes. It was not long until I, a touring car fan/driver/engineer with very limited formula car experience, hade the RP24 standing in my workshop.

Since then I have tried to seek as much information as possible regarding Royale in general and my car specificaly.

Looking through this forums and realise all the knowlage about this cars and the era they raced in as new, has been very inspirational to say the least. I really hope some of you who might have information that could help me in the search for my cars chassis number and history, have a minute to spare.

What I've got so far is the following list of all previous owners.

-77 Stuart Veitch GB
-78 Verner Svendsen DK
-79 Anders Nielsen DK
-80 Sten Dupont DK
-81 to -93 Kai Madsen DK
-94 to -01 Jan Mohlin SWE
-01 to -11 Tord Bodin SWE

According to Alan Cornock and "Nowhere to hide", Stuart Veitch run Jubilee Race Hire at this time and purchased two new RP24s.

RP24 / 12 Fitted with McLaren Orange bodywork
RP24 / 43 Fitted with White bodywork.

The #43 probably delivered in -78, says Alan.

So we have #12 and #43.
If #43 was delivered in -78, then it cant be the car I have got. Given that the owners records above is correct.

#12 seems to be the most likely candidate then. But the evidence is week to say the least.

Yesterday I hade the car back from sand blasting and like many others I found the Arch Motors numbers at the left rear of the chassis.

"77 29". The 29th chassis manufactured by Arch in -77 I guess then?

I have been told that the Arch records where lost in a fire many years ago.
Any ideas how to get information out of this numbers any way?

Finally, I really appreciate you taking your time "if only" a good story from this period.

All the best
/Andreas

Crappy phone picture.