View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3597393)   #116
LordDigital
Rookie

LordDigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Just digging this out of the archive, as a Swiss classic car dealer currently has one of the Bemani cars on offer:

http://www.lutziger-classiccars.ch/t...11isYoeAQ.aspx
Thanks for posting Kyle,

This appears to be Chassis 004 or 005 which is full DTM spec (engine and roll cage).

Price appears to be quite high at first ,but considering that it's sister car that was for sale 2 years ago also in Switzerland by Ulrich Hosner (Picz of it here) with ETTC chassis and cage ,but hill climb engine and no documentation of any sort had asking price of $50 000 - the $100 000k for authentic DTM spec car may be reasonable.

It is interesting to see so may pictures - I knew that DTM cage was different than the ETTC cage ,but not in so many ways. Bemani had a lot of funds from the campaign sponsor which I thought was Emil Frey Racing - they even engraved their name in the uprights ,all the arms appear to not be Group.A homologated parts ,but I guess for DTM they were not requred to be.

It is intresting to see that they did not use any of the Toyota factory bracing on the rear subframe ,which is very surprising as Toyota went true to the trouble of specifically homologating them in early 1988.

Crazy to see how authentic this DTM car really is ,it even has what appears to be the original seat ,I would think twice before using it to load the car on a trailer not to mention driving it on a track With a little work to get the ITB AirBox back and some other small details this can be exactly the same as what it was back in the days...