View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2000, 22:40 (Ref:28583)   #7
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know...

Just to let you know, I've sent an email to Silverstone Circuit asking them this question.

This is what I sent:

Quote:
Hello,

I recently attended the RS Owners Club day at Silverstone circuit.
I spent some time in the pit garages, where the RSOC and a number of vendors had stands and displays.
When my family and friends were stood with me in garage 3a, my 11 year-old daughter asked me "So which driver had this garage for the British Grand Prix, Dad?"
I said I wasn't sure, but that each team had three garages, and that they held the two primary cars and the T-car, and all the equipment necessary to run a team.
We stood in the approximate spot where a car would stand during qualifying, and when I told my daughter this, she was fascinated to think of what had gone before, and it's relevance to where she stood.

I would be very pleased if you could give me a listing of which teams and drivers were allocated which garage, in order to satisfy my 11 year-old's thirst for knowledge.
Do the teams decide driver/garage allocation? (a, b or c?) Or is this an FIA decision?
I understand the teams position in the pitlane advances one garage every Grand Prix - Is this correct?
Does the winning constructor choose which garage they would like to start the season in?

Thank you for your hospitality on 30/07/00. We had a great day.

Regards,
Steve Cooper
I'll let you know if they respond...