Old 13 Feb 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2128339)   #18
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Its intrestaing I really dont think NASCAR lends itself to a UK audience, mabe it might do know there are Brits invovled and names we might now from F1, but American style racing really seems to struggle over here, Champ Car never really took off coverage wise and I cant see NASCAR doing the same

We have no alleigance to the South or Chevy or Ford, but maybe teh Brit thing can get us interested.

Not enough for me to get SS, but might do if I come into some money!!
Try to get to see one live - preferably the superspeedways such as Daytona or Talledega. It's unbelievable - 43 cars nose to tail, side by side, three wide thundering past only 6 or 7 feet from the front rows - the ground shakes. Go a few rows back and you can see the entire 2.5 mile circuit at Daytona and you are still half the distance away from the cars than you are on the Silverstone bankings. In this respect the Yanks have us well beaten in terms of presentation and spectacle and I only hope the 'Car of Tomorrow' doesn't spoil it all. It doesn't matter to me what nationality the drivers are - Dario, Montoya, Dale Jr - they can all handle a car and must have b***s of steel.