View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2991498)   #771
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightLine View Post
Mark interesting reading back through some of your post's

Wasn't it you and the other NZV8 directors that chose to split the V8 class up and run a break away series?

Interesting how you quote that
"the traditional Summer Series is unsustainable in this economic climate"

How will your new ST series be any more sustainable in this economic climate running in months that traditionally have bad weather?

I would have thought splitting the sport up in this economy was only detrimental to motorsport!

It's been asked before what support classes have you got lined up for each event?

I note that round 3 Manfeild April 28/29 is the weekend after the biggest motorsport event in NZ, V8 Supercars in Hamilton. Why would you do that?

Round 5 Taupo August 11/12 It was snowing in Taupo in the same week this year, if it's not snowing it will be guaranteed to be cold horrible weather. How do you expect any sort of crowd to turn up?

ST have done a great job around promoting the the new series on TV3 and with the media. Awesome cars and a driver lineup that has created some good media particularly with Greg Murphy involved! How could you go wrong?

My question to you Mark (amongst the others) is how do you make this work financially?

From what I understand TV production cost for each event to be around 150k

Circuit hire, marketing, event management infrastructure to run each event is between 75k to 100k

Staff wages & operating cost's between 400k and 500k

These are only but a few of the costs that anyone can see

My rough calculation that it's going to take some 2 to 2.5 million dollars to run your new series! With no real sponsors announced and less than a month to Christmas. How is this sustainable in this economic climate?
Or are all the rich guys in the series going to toss money in the pot to make it run?

How ever I look at this it can't be good for motorsport!
mate, it's not about what's good for motorsport, it's all about nursing egos for the elite