View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2004, 14:54 (Ref:828385)   #24
PoloG4tracer
Rookie

PoloG4tracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting reading but can someone please comfirm once and for all about the 'no insurance and tax' concerns?

Ive spoken to a few people who have track specific cars, and trailer them to and from the events, and all say they do not have any insurance or road tax for the vehicles. My trackday specific car is almost ready (just running the engine in) to go out onto a trackday, it'll be my first proper track day in years and the first in this car so I'll be purely a novice track driver. After speaking to people about what they do about insurance, I was going to follow them and run the car without insurance/tax but have an MOT at least. And the car is fully prepared to MSA common Safety regulations. So do we need insurance or not?
I was also wondering not about car insurance but personal insurance for the driver incase anything should happen -god forbid- touch wood etc? Do the trackday organisers have anything to offer on the day or is this something most poeple dont worry about or sort out for them selves?

Thanks
Paul

"Cos they're good, and come from an era where hitting ctrl+alt+delete doesn't get them back on track"