View Single Post
Old 6 May 2017, 02:36 (Ref:3731377)   #9
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think that the WEC can do with a couple of 10-12 hour races. I think that this could be the last year for COTA. IMSA's attendance hasn't improved with them moving the race to May, and that'll probably get replaced by either Indy or Montreal. NA is too important for the WEC to give up on, but COTA hasn't been the right place since the novelty of 2013 wore off.

I'd like to see Bahrain get the axe and replaced with Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Bahrain is a fairly boring Tilkedrome (it has it's highlights, but only a few and that's no different than any of Tilke's grade 1 tracks) and the controversy that the government there has caused over the years can't be ignored. However, the ACO don't seem to be inclined to ignore that same government's payouts to them, even if the race is also poorly attended.

Mexico could be on the way out. RGR basically promoted the race last year, as their team owner was also the race promoter. But with no RGR and issues with sponsorship for the race, that can be an issue going forward.