View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3760967)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Eric D knows Mike was my 'hero', his was Stirling, but we admired both of them. I still use memories of Mike as security on the computer, so I am pretty safe it seems.

The programme was not very interesting to those of us who lived through his era, but for tyros would shed some light on our first World Champion, and on the times he raced in, so different from todays Nancy Boys.

We spoke to Mike at Goodwood in 1955 after the Nine Hour Race, even at 1.0pm in the morning he was happy to chat to a couple of lads.

I was off work for three days after Mike died just too upset to get out of bed, we lost a lot of 'friends' in the fifties, and mourn them still, but it was Mike that hit the hardest.

Sadly, bauble.