Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1653717)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will add my tale of woe then!

My name is David, aged 21 (almost). I've been a member here for a few years now, you probably seen me around.

Got into motorsport as a wee kid, at about age four or five (1989) thanks to dad, who practically forced me to be a Nigel Mansell supporter. Not that I'm complaining! I can remember a fair bit from the early years and I seldom missed the live races. But up until about 1993 I was restricted to F1. Being a kid, you don't know much else. Although touring cars was sometimes on as well.

Then Nige went to Champcars and I got into that and over the years I have got into more and more different categories and am always willing to learn about new forms of motorsport. I follow the career of JPM ardently nowadays too.

I don't get trackside much at the minute, bar the odd local hillclimb and the British GP and tests as I live in a crap location, have no car and not much money. That will change when I take my year out whenever that may be and I'll keep the ball rolling thereafter!

Anyways, as far as my armchair interests go. I collect Minichamps F1 cars in 1/43 scale mainly, with a few 1/18. I have about 120 models all in, but I have stopped buying them altely due to money issues. I only collect Montoya 1/18 models now and any 1/43 special editions of his. That will obviously be stopping soon too!

I buy books and DVD's mainly now. I have several books on all categories of motorsport ranging from annuals, to biographies, to technical books etc.... As far as DVD's are concerned, let's just say I have a lot of stuff that i have recorded and bought over the years! Too much!

I also buy the odd bit of artwork to frame and hang up and the occasional cap to wear to a race meeting.

And finally, I am an Autosport subscriber.

So yeah, I am a bit of an obsessive!

What are you guys' and gals' areas of interest?