Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1656734)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn parham
By the early seventies I was starting to collect models of my favourite cars and this has developed into a collection of over 400 1/43 kits covering Spa 24 hours, BTCC (preferably 1963-1973, when men were men and gfm was nervous!) and RAC rally.
Well we must have quite a collection between us... hang on, you sold me some of your collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn parham
I had a huge collection of programmes from the era but sadly they were lost during a house move when a helpful grandma put them out for the dustmen due to a misunderstanding (never know how she lived to 96 after that well meaning mistake) and I also had an autograph book to die for but someone pinched it at a race meeting in the early seventies and I am still simmering with rage over that loss. Some of the names included Neubaur, Clark, G Hill, P Hill, Fangio, Moss and included messages as well.
OMG - both losses must have been heartbreaking!

Keep the posts coming, folks, it's really interesting!