View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3029743)   #106
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Weight difference is less than 10kg from Holden to Ford. Differences in cool suit systems, amount of fuel on board also contribute.

Ford has composite rear quarters also...
I don't know where you are getting your information from? If the weight difference was only 10kg or less over the whole field, then there wouldn't of been so much talk in pit lane. I wasn't working in the tech shed, so I can't tell you the weight spread over the field, maybe you were? The talk was the Fords were lighter and JM was looking around for lead, so I would think he must have been more then 10 kg under weight. The word is that johnny was running extra fuel ballast,which did upset the handling of his car early in the weekend, hence later in the weekend he was then chasing lead in pit lane.
Have the ford composite quarters become available now? I did have a close look at the Fords on the weekend, the ones that I saw were still running the sleel rear quarters, as you could see where they had been flared out, to stop the tyre rub. Not all Holdens were running the composite rear quarters either.