View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3112980)   #32
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I'd actually go for three classes:

GTX: Start with a production shell, then go nuts. Any engine from a manufacturers range is good, reposition it however you like and do whatever you want with your suspension pick up points. I.e. built RACECARS and no whatsoever BoP.

GTO: Closer to production, no waivers of any kind, for cars over 4 litres of displacement

GTU: The counterpart to GTO, for cars under 4 liters.

With a X-class format, guys like BMW can compete for top-GT honors, but everybody will know that these cars have very little in common with the street cars. The O and U classes would be a real test for roadcars.
As usual, I like your idea a lot Speedy. Only change I'd consider is to make the GTO limit more like 5.0 or 5.5L. Of course, with the current trend of smaller, forced induction motors that would thin out the top class pretty good.

If Sebring kicked of an IMSA season with those three classes as the only cars on track, I'd be very enthused so long as a goodly number of teams had picked up the challenge.

Chris