View Single Post
Old 31 May 2017, 04:23 (Ref:3737548)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Pretty accurate Grant I was getting faster as I learnt the circuit but the real quick lap was, as I said to Paul, when I chased after a Morgan, and didn't have to get out of anyone else's way.

The "Pit-in" times do look quick, but I think its because the pit entry is before Vale - a dead straight run to a 90 right which is almost immediately followed by the 60kph limit but also the timing line...whereas on the course you have to do the 90 left into 90 right Vale, followed by the long right of Club, before reaching the timing line.
Richard, I think the quick lap is a great example of how times can vary through external influences - a free and otherwise unhampered run behind a faster car is an interesting example of how one might get sucked in, in a positive way, to a faster time for a fairly simple reason.

As for the lap times when pitting - I seem to recall that the unusual arrangement at Donington, not never used, with the pit entrance just after the hairpin on the full GP circuit, was the basis of a fast lap by one A Senna at the only GP held there.

As I recall he went for the pits with people anticipating a tyre change but drove straight through.