View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2002, 07:03 (Ref:418186)   #14
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as a trainee scrutineer I will try and explain how I started and what you have to do and the order to do it.
Step 1) Contact the MSA technical dept
Step 2) You will receive a form that you fill in (name address what you are applying for etc) and send back
Step 3) you will then get a pack that includes a list of mentors around the country
Step 4) you will then get another pack that has the blue book official’s book a badge and more books and your training manual.
Step 5) Contact your mentor and try and get some dates that you can go to a meeting, its also a good idea if you are at a race as a spectator, marshal etc go to the bay and speak to the chief and make yourself known (and try and get some dates of them)
Step 6) go to your first meeting then you start to learn what you are looking at (not as easy as it looks as there is a lot to remember)
That is the basics and as far as I know (and am sure that this is right) you cannot go into eligibility until you are a qualified scrutineer, you can go and watch and help out but you need to be working in the bay on the safety side as this is the only way to get your training manual filled in. I also think it is better to go to different types of meetings as if you just concentrate on one particular series as you are not getting a full range of experience (from FIA down to club meeting and you can do hill climbs drag racing etc)
Hope this might have been some help to anyone thinking of giving it ago