View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2003, 13:52 (Ref:617785)   #1
howard
Rookie

howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC single seater series Snett 31st & 1st June

Qualified 2nd for the first race with a time of 1.15.13 (my quickest of the weekend), between a FVL and a RT30. Too much wheel-spin dropped me to 4th at the start, but back up to second by the end of the first lap. On the 3rd lap I pushed too hard and ended up beaching the car in the gravel at the second corner. No damage done but out of the race. When I say gravel, I really mean the framer's field.

Second race started from the back, with 10 cars in front of me (just wished I had the camera set up). Made a good start, passing 2 cars by the first corner. Picked off a few more on the long straight. By lap 3 I was up with the 2 lead FVLs, and pass the first along the start/finish straight. Spent the next 8 laps trying everything I could to catch the leader but over cooked it again. The last lap spin meant I lost second place. With no time left, I cross the line in 3rd. Fantastic race.

Just to put the lap times in perspective, the southern Formula Ford Zetecs were lapping in the low 1.13.00, with 35 bhp less then me. So my car still has a huge amount of performance left in it. Just need the driver to find it.

This is a fun, enjoyable, social and good value series. I hope to see more drivers at the next event.

Howard