View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3655585)   #144
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Pye does have a few options, which may be fully-funded. HRT, BJR, Nismo and probably GRM, may not require jingling the personal dowry to get the deal over the line.
Personally I am not sure that any of the "available" drives at BJR, Nismo or GRM could be described as fully funded, I'm gonna say Dale Wood & Tim Blanchard are pay drivers, and I suspect that GRM/Volvo has never really had a properly valued commercial sponsorship, so without the Volvo money, Garry is in for some strife.

If we do look at the fully-funded seats, could Pye's availability be enough for either Jason Bright or Todd Kelly to retire to make way? Or could Pye's quality be enough to get a sponsor over the line for a team such as BJR, Nismo, Erebus or GRM? As far as Nismo goes, we really don't know the true value of the sponsorships there, but I'd presume Nismo is tipping in more than they'd really like to for Caruso's chariot.

It seems to me Pye isn't in the frame at GRM, so Garry himself isn't sounding worried about how the bills are going to be paid next year.