View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2016, 00:45 (Ref:3633565)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been asked a couple,of times about the evolution of some of my multi-layout circuits, well the circuit shown below is an example of how it out, the difference I've remembered to screen grab to show it.

First image shows the original drawing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	lotsloops original.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	47019

In my head I knew it would be an easy split into 2, whether it would be a Short circuit and School circuit or 2 raceable circuits I wasn't sure.
Once I started drawing it, the scale of the back straight (no chicane at this point) suggested 2 racing circuits.

The next stage once I have the original done was to come up with "elegant" short cuts, that would continue the flow of the original parts without necessarily looking like shortcuts. Hopefully I've achieved this.

Name:	lotsloops N and S.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	47020

It was at this point the perimeter idea came to me, firstly the Left hand edge, then the removal of the final chicane, what most might see as the most obvious part across the top was the last section that drew. Looking a the design the option was a very quick left onto the 800m straight, or something to give a slower entry onto the straight.
The chicane was the compromise, In my head I have decided that if you use the left hand perimeter section then you must use the chicane....The reason a lack of run off, due to a land boundary that no amount of fantasy money is going to make the adjacent land owner sell.
For those wanting to use the top section, then they have to use the hairpin which allows for additional run off.

Name:	lotsloops Perimeter.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	47021

Finally with all this in place, that just left the original and shortened first parts of the lapt to join upto the back straight, with the same rules, of full straight and the hairpin or use the chicane and perimeter section. These variations becoming known as International 1 and 2

Name:	lotsloops International.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	47022