View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3016703)   #23
Nick Hewitt
Rookie

Nick Hewitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Barnett ,

There are some very intriguing stories that relate to that particular day at Mallory in 1992.
Foundation Racing , who were running Jan Magnussen that year , had an exclusive test day at Mallory preceding the event , and I have it on good authority that a time in the 46 second bracket was recorded on almost" down to the canvas" Dunlop's ! , as that time was never officially replicated again during the actual race meeting one has to question the lengths to which the regulations were adhered to on that particular day !
"Heroes of FF1600" on Facebook , I believe , has the actual timesheets from the raceday when the lap record was set , it makes interesting reading.
Quite a few people were sub 48 seconds that day , and strangely enough , there was a light drizzle descending when the lap record was set if I remember correctly !
Vis a Vis , the P.Dempsey 1m 32sec lap record at Cadwell , it was done , and bizarely again , it was very hot and humid that day , not far off 30deg C , hardly lap record conditions you would think !
Brian Linley , ex of Infiniti Motorsport was there that day , so he probably still has the timesheets as proof , you can get hold of him at Andy Meyrick Motorsport.