View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2073312)   #35
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I dont think that that is a fair comment at all ..... Herta , Kannan , Franchitti , Diaz or Fernandez are all bloody quick drivers . New to sportscars though ...... Johansson and Brabham arnt .

The LMS LC75 were honestly gentleman driven ..... mostly . That will explain your differance , although , what did Radical do at all this year ?
With regards to the drivers mentioned above Im not going to comment, they are all quick guys yes but the best? Personally I would rather have Highcrofts driver line up.

Regarding the LC75 in the LMS this year though. Lets just look at qualifying pace shall we? Guonon was driving the car so it should at least have been quick during qualifying if not in the race and Noel Del Bello are a decent outfit too so there shoudnt be too many problems on the team front.

At Monza the lone Courage C75 of Saulnier racing qualifed 8th in class out of 10 entries, well behind the leading Lola's, Zytek's and Radical's. At Valencia the Nol Del Bello LC75 qualifed 6th in class out of 11 entries, again well behind the leading Lola's, Zytek's and Radical's. At Le Mans the Saulnier racing entry qualifed 7th out of 11 entries, again behind the leading Lola's, Zytek's and Radical's. At the nurbugring the Saulnier entry qualifed 8th in class out of 11 entries, once again behind the Lola's Zytek's and Radical's. At Silverstone Saulnier qualifed 5th out of 10 entries, once again behind the leading Lola's, Zytek's and Radical's.

Now Im aware that Salunier are perhaps not the most established team in sportscar racing but they did have some pretty decent drivers during the year like Bruce Jouanny. If the Courage is as good as you say surely it would have out qualifed in amongst the front runners of the LMP2 class in the LMS. Sure it didnt have the best driver line up but then neither did RML with Mike Newton in the car or Binnie motorsports, they all seemed to find more pace than the Courage's in qualifying though.

I say again, the main reason the AGR and Fernandez didnt beat Highcroft was the drivers. IMO of course. And as for what the Radical did? Well it showed a heck of a lot more speed than the Courage, and Greaves and Moesly certainly arent what I would call top professional drivers.