View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3129527)   #2508
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2014 rules (provisional) that ACIO published included separate specifications for customer cars. Considering that the manufacturers help write the rules, I have to figure they planned to sell some, else it wouldn’t be there.

Oak has already said the will build a P1 hopefully with an HPD power plant. I believe Wirth mentioned he wanted to do customer cars as well. My understanding is that ACO wants WEC in general to cater to and be supported by factory teams, but also wants some privateers, both the get more cash and to buffer the pain when one or more big manufacturers pull out.

Where that plan is now I don’t know. They won’t be selling any cars in North America, that’s sure.