View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3721923)   #299
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Retire from F1? Race in WEC? His frustration with F1 may go beyond McLaren/Honda. They may just be the icing on the cake.

If they don't make serious progress by mid-season, then I can imagine it happening. If they make steady progress, it might be harder to believe.

The entire thing with Button not fully retiring and McLaren having him on some of retainer (beyond a brand ambassador or whatever his title is) has always been fishy to me. As if they knew or suspected things might go sideways with Alonso so they keep Button in the wings. The implication being that Alonso had given them notice in advance... If things are not right in 2017, I am gone.

Richard
I don't get the impression he's ready to quit F1. He's always come across as a professional, so I think he would be inclined too tough it out and either look to the Mercedes seat or possibly go back to Ferrari, depending on how the new car and Kimi perform. There's always IndyCar,